"How is a busy mom like me supposed to plan the best Disney World vacation?” That's what Double Your WDW aims to answer. Get answers to all of those questions about planning your best Disney World trip (without being overwhelmed.) Hosted by Julie Elster, a Disney World obsessed mom of three, Double Your WDW is not authorized, endorsed, or sponsored by Disney– It's a no holds barred discussion of Disney World planning strategy and advice.
On this episode, I talk about renting DVC points. We talk about how it works, the pros and cons of renting points, what you can expect from the resorts and the rooms, and other options if renting DVC is not for you.
- Enter my giveaway for 2 tickets to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party here!
- Disney has changed the way their ticket prices work. Get all of the information on tickets here.
- Disney Junior Dance Party at Hollywood Studios opens officially on December 22.
- Animal Kingdom will adjust the times that some of the rides will be open through the end of this year.
- Spaceship Earth at Epcot will be closed for 2 years starting in 2020 for refurbishment.
- What is DVC?
- Resorts and room types included in DVC rentals
- Pros and Cons of renting. Alternatives to DVC rentals
- How do you book with DVC points?
- Find everything on DVC rental here
- To find an individual to rent points from you can check out mouseowners.com
- A DVC broker like DVCRequest.com can help you.
- For inexpensive suites that are not DVC check out Art of Animation instead.
Never miss an episode
Help the show
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings & reviews help, and I read each one because I love your input!
- Subscribe on iTunes
What's Julie up to?
- Do you have tips you want to share with other listeners?
- Do you want to be a guest and share your Disney expertise?
- Do you want to be a guest and share your trip report?
- Contact me! I’d love to hear from you.
Plan Your Best Disney World Trip Ever
Beat the heat at Disney World with our tips on staying cool and comfortable
Save thousands on your resort at Disney World with these awesome tips
Disney World with a toddler: There are ways you can make your vacation easy and stress free with just a little bit of planning. Here I talk tips for Disney with little ones.
The Disney Dining Plan. What is it? What does it include? And most importantly.. is it worth it? Here we break it down so that you can get the answers and decide.
Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party: The rides, the characters, the shows, the merch, the food, and more! If you are considering going to this party you need to listen to this episode.
Answering a reader's questions about the best resorts to stay at with his young children. He asks about transportation, and how to make his vacation fun and magical without all of the stress.
Epcot is seeing a LOT of changes. Find out what you can expect over the next couple of years at this park, and some rumors of things that might be coming.
Steps to get started in booking your Disney World vacation. If you have never been to Disney World (or you haven't been in a long time) there is a LOT to planning your trip. But I've got your back. And I want to help you get started planning the best vacation ever.